With your help, Residents on Evergreen, Willow and Maple South will receive a new dresser and bedside table.
- The cost to provide a new dresser and bedside table for 56 rooms is approximately $146,000
- The “Armchair” Fundraising Campaign in May 2020 raised enough funds to furnish 9 rooms. To read the full new article, click here
The Old Furniture:
Providing new furniture is important, as much of the furniture in the resident rooms is at least 30 years old and is showing it’s age.
The New Furniture:
- The new furniture is a specialty line built specifically for use in personal care homes.
- The furniture is durable and made specifically for high usage and wear.
- Each part/section of the furniture is replaceable if it becomes broken or damaged without having to replace the entire piece of furniture.. This means that we can make the furniture look new again without having to replace the entire piece of furniture. This will help ensure that the resident rooms continue to feel like home.
- It is important that Salem Home provides a healthy environment for the residents. This furniture meets the infection control standards and can withstand the cleaning products without wearing off the finish.
- The furniture has a smaller footprint which allows the resident to have more space in their rooms
- The furniture maintains a warm and welcoming atmosphere in each room.
For more information on how you can support this project or any other future projects, please contact the Salem Foundation Office at 204-325-4316 ext.238 or click here
Give a resident the gift of your time. Please click on the button to find a way to volunteer.View Positions
To donate online to The Salem Foundation, click the button below. Your donation is making a difference in a resident's life today and for tomorrow.Donate Today!
The Foundation supports a number of ongoing programs that directly benefit the residents.View Programs
Click on the button below to view the current initiatives planned or underway.View Wish List
Check out the latest Salem Home news and events!See All