How to donate money with Interac e-Transfer? Exact steps vary by individual bank or credit union but the process should always be simple.
- Log into your online or mobile banking app and select the account.
- Find ‘Send Interac e-Transfer’ in the ‘Send Money’ or ‘Transfers’ section of your bank’s online menu.
- Choose or Add Salem Foundation email address to e-transfer email@example.com.
- Enter the amount (no need for a security question since we registered for Interac e-Transfer® Autodeposit).
- ***Please include the following in the message box so we can ensure you receive a receipt**
- your mailing address and email
- information related to your gift, or if in memory of…
- any specific comments about where you wish the funding to be applied.
- Hit SEND
- Do I need to add a security question? No security question is needed as our account up has been setup to automatically receive deposits.
- How will I know my donation was received? You will receive an email confirming your gift was received.
- When will I get my tax receipt? Tax receipts for e-Transfers will be mailed annually in early February of the following year. Make sure you include your mailing address with the donation
- What is the minimum and maximum amount I can give? There is no minimum amount, however, only gifts over $20 will be issued a tax receipt. The maximum amount depends on the daily limit defined with your bank. Contact them for details.
- How much does it cost to send money via an Interac e-Transfer? There may be a fee from your financial institution for using the Interac e-Transfer service. Please check with your bank or credit union directly.
- For more information about Interac e-Transfer please click here
If you wish to send money via a cheque or money order, please make it payable to Salem Foundation. The address is:
165 – 15th Street
Have questions about payment options, or need more information? Please fill out the form below and someone will be in touch shortly.
We are always raising money for a project. Please check out what we're working on.View Projects
The Foundation supports a number of ongoing programs that directly benefit the residents.View Programs
Click on the button below to view the current initiatives planned or underway.View Wish List
Check out the latest Salem Home news and events!See All