The Salem Foundation is a Revenue Canada-registered charity. It builds relationships and raises funds to support excellence and innovation in the work of Salem Home.
The Foundation was founded in 1998 by the Mennonite Churches of Winkler and surrounding area. It funds programs and projects that are not funded by the provincial government.
Salem Foundation makes it possible for care to be provided in a meaningful way by:
- Providing ongoing financial support for programs of Salem Home which enrich the lives of the residents
- Fundraising for special initiatives which enhance the quality of life of the residents
- Providing Forgivable Loans for staff who are furthering their education in Nursing or a field applicable to their work at Salem Home.
The Foundation’s Achievements:
- The implementation of Electronic Health Records
- Blanket Warming Units for each Care Area
- Permanent Ceiling Lifts for resident suites
- Staff Training in QUIS-EH-O for enhanced resident care
- Construction of Multi-Purpose Room
- Duet Bicycles for residents
- Rational Cooking Centres
- Suzy Q Meal Carts
- Chapel Renovations
There are a number of ways you can make a Difference:
- A monetary gift by cheque or cash
- A monetary pledge to be fulfilled monthly of over a one-to-five year period
- A gift in honour of, or in memory of, a loved family member or friend
- A planned gift such as a bequest, gift of stock, property, life insurance, or an endowment.
Receipts are issued for donations over $10, if requested.
The Salem Foundation is very grateful for the support it has received over the past years, allowing it to be involved in programs and projects which have made a significant difference in the lives of the residents and staff.
Please contact us if you wish to have more information.
To donate online to The Salem Foundation, click the button below. Your donation is making a difference in a resident's life today and for tomorrow.Donate Today!
We are always raising money for a project. Please check out what we're working on.View Projects
The Foundation supports a number of ongoing programs that directly benefit the residents.View Programs
Click on the button below to view the current initiatives planned or underway.View Wish List
Check out the latest Salem Home news and events!See All