RE: UPDATE on PCH VISITATION GUIDELINES
We are very pleased to announce that as of this afternoon our outbreak was declared over! What a relief it is for residents, staff and families. Once more we were able to contain the outbreak to one area and to only three residents, who have all recovered. Praise the Lord for that! Thank you for all your prayers and support during the last couple of months. Now we can go forward and open up for more visitations again. So, here are the updated guidelines from Shared Health and the Chief Provincial Medical Officer of Health:
Designated Family Caregivers (DFC)
- No changes in the visiting hours.
- Masks and eye shields are still required.
- No food or drink while in the facility.
- Visits can happen in the resident’s room or on one of our courtyards (masks are stillrequired even if outdoors).
- Only one (1) DFC can visit at a time. If the resident is fully vaccinated, one (1) fully vaccinated general visitor can visit in the room at the same time with the DFC, providing physical distance can be maintained.
General Visitors (fully vaccinated – both doses longer than 14 days ago): Starting July 21st
- General visitors that are fully vaccinated can visit residents that are also fully vaccinated. These visiting hours will be from 3:00 to 4:30 pm daily. Proof of vaccination (immunization card or printed copy of vaccine record) and photo ID (Driver’s license or passport) will be required upon entry.
- Up to two (2) vaccinated visitors can visit at the same time in the resident’s room, keeping the door open at all times.
- Mask and eye shields are required and will be provided by the screener.
- No food or drink are allowed while in the facility.
General Visitors (fully vaccinated or not): Starting July 21st
- Up to two (2) general visitors can visit on the designated outdoor
- Due to the heat in the shelters and no A/C, general visits will happen in our updated patio on the west side of the building.
- Visiting hours are daily from 1:00 – 5:00pm; Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1:00 – 8:00pm. These visits have to be booked through our website (salemhome.simplybook.me).
- Masks and physical distance are still required and will be monitored during the visit.
Sherry Janzen Karin Oliveira
Chief Executive Officer Director of Resident Care Services