Casual Laundry Attendant
Under the supervision of the Laundry Team Leader and the Director of Support Services, the Laundry Attendant position involves working in the laundry room, assisting team members in washing, drying, sorting and folding. Together with the responsibility for gathering and delivery of laundry throughout the building.
The position functions in a manner that is consistent with the mission, vision and values of Salem Home Inc.
- Salaries on par with provincial contracts
- Non-unionized work setting
- Free parking
- Faith-based environment in which to deliver holistic care
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Grade 10 education is required
- Experience in a health-care laundry facility is preferred
- Experience in mending clothing and some reconstructing work an asset
- Experience working in an environment with individuals who live with dementia an asset
- Verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Must demonstrate high level of professionalism and high standard of excellence.
- Well organized & strong time management skills.
- Able to be flexible in adapting to changes to accommodate resident needs.
- Must be available to work weekends & holidays if required.
- Physical and mental wellness to meet the requirements of the job.
- Ability to work well with others within a team approach.
- A genuine interest in the care of people and sensitivity to their needs.
- Subject to a Criminal Record Check and an Adult Abuse Registry Check
Careers at Salem
Give a resident the gift of your time. Please click on the button to find a way to volunteer.View Positions
To donate online to The Salem Foundation, click the button below. Your donation is making a difference in a resident's life today and for tomorrow.Donate Today!
Check out the latest Salem Home news and events!See All