Under the supervision of the Charge Cook and the Director of Support Services, the Nutrition Services Attendant position involves some food preparation, resident interactions while offering meal choices, serving snacks to resident rooms, setting & clearing tables, cleaning duties, dishwashing and other duties as required.
The incumbent exercises the ability to work in a fast paced work environment giving detail to showing residents respect and choice.
The position functions in a manner that is consistent with the mission, vision and values of Salem Home Inc.
- Grade 10 education is required
- Knowledge of Special Therapeutic diets would be an asset
- Food Safe Handling Certificate – willing to obtain within 6 months of hire
- Experience working with individuals who live with dementia an asset
- Verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Must demonstrate high level of professionalism and high standard of excellence.
- Well organized & strong time management skills.
- Able to be flexible in adapting to changes to accommodate resident needs.
- Must be available to work weekends & holidays.
- Physical and mental wellness to meet the requirements of the job.
- Ability to work well with others within a team approach.
- A genuine interest in the care of people and sensitivity to their needs.
Careers at Salem
Give a resident the gift of your time. Please click on the button to find a way to volunteer.View Positions
To donate online to The Salem Foundation, click the button below. Your donation is making a difference in a resident's life today and for tomorrow.Donate Today!
Check out the latest Salem Home news and events!See All