0.40 FTE Therapeutic Recreation Attendant
Term Day Position
This position involves working with a variety of residents with varying medical and
psycho-social needs following the direction of the department manager.
The position functions in a manner that is consistent with the mission, vision and values of Salem Home Inc.
- Minimum Grade 12 education or equivalent
- Required to complete Violent Prevention Program, CARES and Dementability upon hire
- Has completed or willing to complete Food Safe Level 1 course
- Has completed or willing to complete Safe Feeding Techniques seminar
- Has completed four courses in Recreation Facilitator for Older Adults Certificate Program OR Activity Connections online courses.
- Verbal and written communication skills in English
- Physical and mental health to meet job requirements
- Ability to relate and communicate with empathy and compassion
- Physical and trained ability to assist residents
- Patience, adaptability and genuine understanding of dementia are essential
- Ability to remain calm when dealing with residents with cognitive impairment
- Ability to work well with a team and follow care plan directions
- Second language such as Low German or High German is an asset
- Please apply directly online at www.salemhome.ca/join-the-team/careers/or by email to email@example.com
Careers at Salem
Give a resident the gift of your time. Please click on the button to find a way to volunteer.View Positions
To donate online to The Salem Foundation, click the button below. Your donation is making a difference in a resident's life today and for tomorrow.Donate Today!
Check out the latest Salem Home news and events!See All