0.37 FTE Term Day Position – Nutrition Services Cook
Under the supervision of the Director of Support Services, the Nutrition Services Cook position involves preparing eye appealing, appetizing, and tasty meals for the residents of Salem Home, as well as strong customer service skills while serving residents and visitors in a respectful, courteous manor. A love of cooking and familiarity with traditional Mennonite foods would be a great asset and important in this role.
- Grade 10 or higher
- Current Food Safe Handlers Certificate
- Strong customer service skills are a must
- Very organized and able to multitask for fast paced environment
- Verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experience in a commercial kitchen
- Must demonstrate high level of professionalism and high standard of excellence.
- Well organized & strong time management skills.
- Able to be flexible in adapting to changes to accommodate resident /staff’s needs.
- Must be available to work weekends & holidays as required.
- Physical & mental health to meet job requirements
- Ability to work well with others within a team approach.
- A genuine interest in the care of people and sensitivity to their needs.
- Public health orders from Oct 31, 2021 include mandatory vaccination or testing for all direct care employees.
Careers at Salem
Give a resident the gift of your time. Please click on the button to find a way to volunteer.View Positions
To donate online to The Salem Foundation, click the button below. Your donation is making a difference in a resident's life today and for tomorrow.Donate Today!
Check out the latest Salem Home news and events!See All