Maintenance Worker 1
Day Position – 1.00 FTE Permanent
Under the direction of the Director of Plant Operations, the Maintenance Worker 1
performs all services related to implementing and initiating prevention, safety,
maintenance, repair and improvements to the equipment, buildings, grounds, and
general environment of Salem Home Inc. This position also provides designated services
for other departments, and/or residents, whereas assigned.
The incumbent exercises the appropriate level of initiative and independent judgment in determining work priorities, procedures to be employed and action to be taken on unusual matters.
The position functions in a manner that is consistent with the mission, vision and values of Salem Home Inc.
- Minimum Grade 12 education
- Verbal and written communication skills in English
- Willingness to further education in related fields as required
- Experience in computer applications is essential
- Physical and mental health to meet the demands of the role
- Ability to accept changes in work assignment
- Must be able to accept weekend and “on-call” assignments
- Capability to initiate identified projects & manage specific tasks as assigned
- Experience in a health-care facility an asset
- Demonstrated skills in team building and planning
- Must be personable, courteous and able to communicate effectivelyPlease apply directly online at www.salemhome.ca/join-the-team/careers/Or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Careers at Salem
Give a resident the gift of your time. Please click on the button to find a way to volunteer.View Positions
To donate online to The Salem Foundation, click the button below. Your donation is making a difference in a resident's life today and for tomorrow.Donate Today!
Check out the latest Salem Home news and events!See All