The Financial Officer serves as the chief financial controller for Salem Home and is responsible for the overall management of:
- All accounting processes
- Preparation of annual budgets
- Year-end settlements
- Risk management related to the controller process
- Financial reporting
- System compliance to meet statutory requirements
- Works closely with the Chief Executive Officer, Department Directors, and Finance Committee of the Governing Board.
- Out-of-Scope permanent position of 0.50 FTE
- An accountant’s designation, with a minimum one year of experience. Equivalent training and experience may be considered at the introductory level.
- Working knowledge of, and experience with health care sector, the Not-For-Profit sector and accounting practices.
- Strong working knowledge of integrated financial and management information systems.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, including the ability to work under pressure and consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently while remaining goal and mission focused.
- Effective, assertive communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement.
Salem Home is a 146 bed personal care home providing Christ-centered care to its residents. As an innovative organization, we are constantly striving to create a home where residents flourish while living here. If you are interested in making a difference in the lives of the residents, please apply today.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check. All costs associated with these checks is the employee’s responsibility. Thank you for your interest in Salem Home and application. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.Download PDF Application Form
Careers at Salem
Give a resident the gift of your time. Please click on the button to find a way to volunteer.View Positions
To donate online to The Salem Foundation, click the button below. Your donation is making a difference in a resident's life today and for tomorrow.Donate Today!
Check out the latest Salem Home news and events!See All