You will have heard in the Provincial announcement yesterday that Manitoba has further reduced restrictions. It is exciting to think that we will be leaving the pandemic and entering the endemic phase, but we still need to do so cautiously. After much thought and discussion, we have developed the next phase of action in relation to the Public Health Order.
Effective March 1, 2022, there will no longer be a vaccination status requirement for visitors coming to Salem Home. While everyone will again be able to visit, there will still be guidelines in place, which will be as follows:
- Everyone will be screened upon entry and provided a medical mask and eye shield, to be worn properly for the entire time you are in Salem Home. Additional Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be used as required.
- Failure to wear PPE properly will result in immediate removal from the facility, and follow-up will be required with Manager/Director prior to re-entry.
- All visitors will sign in when they arrive and sign out when they leave.
- Only two people can visit a resident at a time, to allow for social distancing.
- If children are visiting, they must be accompanied by an adult at all times and remain in the resident’s room.
- Visit must occur in resident’s room unless you are taking them for a walk.
- The Heritage Room is not available for families to use. With the need for social distancing, staff continue to use this room for their breaks. The elevator going downstairs to laundry is still not yet repaired, so laundry is using the staff room and Oma’s kitchen for this.
- Visitation shelters will no longer be used.
- Please stay home if you are experiencing any cold symptoms.
We’ve heard from several families that the screening times are over too soon in the evening during the week, so we have extended them to below. Please note the starting times are later than previous. New times will be in effect on March 1, 2022.
- Monday to Friday, 10:30am – 6:15pm, with no entry over lunch 12:00pm – 12:30pm
- Saturday and Sunday, 1:00pm – 7:00pm, with no entry over supper 5:00pm – 5:30pm
With the increase in visitation, there is a higher risk of outbreak, so we ask that you please follow the guidelines to keep all residents and staff as safe as we can, and to try to prevent a further outbreak from occurring. If an outbreak does take place, there will be modifications to the visitation which we will inform you about at that time.
Thank you for all your support. We look forward to seeing you!
Sherry Janzen Karin Oliveira
CEO Director of Resident Care Services