March 23, 2020
Dear Families and Visitors,
It has been a difficult week for all of us. I know it is hard to be away from our loved ones, but by doing so we can
keep everyone as safe as possible and flatten the curve. In order to help keep in contact I have included some
ideas that you can consider doing.
- Send emails to the Resident Care Managers that they can print and give to the residents. If they cannot
read these themselves, we will have someone read it to them. You can also send pictures
- Set up times for FaceTime or Skype interactions by emailing Alana Thiessen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Use our telephone booth that we’ve created. Our front entrance has large windows and we have a phone nearby that the resident can use. We will have a chair on both sides so you can sit and have a visit together if you like.
- Keep watching our Instagram page (@salemhomefoundation) for updates and pictures of what we are up to.
- We have a drop box at the entrance for you to put items into for residents. When dropping off an item
- Clearly label the item with the resident’s full name and room number
- Clearly label the the item if it needs to be refrigerated.
- Call the care area to tell them what you left so we can perform the necessary infection
control protocols so the resident can receive your item safely.
Please remember that this is new territory and there might be some bumps along the way. We are doing what we can to help the residents still feel connected to their families, friends and the community.
If you have questions about your loved one, we ask that you speak with the nurse on the care area or you can call or email the Resident Care Managers. They will respond to you as soon as they are able.
- Cottonwood: Katharina Bruhn, email@example.com
- Maple: Kim Enns, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Evergreen/Willow: Dayna Jonasson, email@example.com
Please continue to keep us in your prayers as we navigate through this difficult time. Thank you for your
understanding as we take every measure to protect you, your loved ones and our staff.