Update Letter to Families on June 4, 2021
Hello to all Families:
This is an update of the letter you received on Tuesday, June 01, 2021. We have been declared as officially being in outbreak by the Medical Officer of Health, given two residents and one staff member have tested positive for the virus. Families of residents affected have been notified of this change in status. Residents continue to be monitored for possible symptoms and all precautions have been implemented.
As mentioned in the last letter, contact tracing shows the resident contracted the virus through a visitation shelter visit. Please note that this outbreak could have been avoided if both family and residents had been vaccinated.
As of today, in our current outbreak, the statistics are as follows:
|Resident Positive Cases||Current Active
The restrictions remain in place.
Designated Family Caregivers
No changes in visitation times. They continue to be:
- Monday – Friday: 10 AM – 5:45 PM
- Saturday & Sunday: 1:00 PM – 7:00 PM
- Please schedule your arrival time prior to, or after the times below, as there will be no one available to answer the door:
- 12:00 – 12:30 PM
- 5:00 – 5:30 PM
- The Designated Family Caregiver is NOT allowed to take the resident outside for a walk or to meet with other family members. If the Designated Family Caregiver wishes to spend time with their loved one outdoors, please take advantage of the sun, shade and swing in the courtyard.
- For Designated Family Caregivers entering the area, please be aware that you are required to wear full PPE protection – no exceptions. Please choose to follow the guidelines so staff can care for your resident.
- Visitation Shelters are not open for visitation from the general public.
Staff COVID cases
In recent weeks, more staff have tested positive. Community transmission is a very real concern for our staff. We are thankful for staff being diligent in their use of PPEs. This is the primary avenue of keeping residents as safe as we can.
In our current outbreak, the staff statistics are:
|Staff Positive Cases||Current Cases||Staff Recovered|
With the number of active cases of COVID-19 in Winkler and area being high, and the local hospital is stretched to capacity, please follow the Public Health Orders set out by the Chief Medical Officer of Health – wear a mask, social distance, and stay home as much as possible. We ask you to do your part in keeping your loved ones and neighbours safe.
Again, thank you for being encouragers to the staff as they once again begin the marathon of being in outbreak. We ask you to keep us in your prayers, praying for wisdom, strength and safety for residents and staff.
Sherry Janzen Karin Oliveira
Chief Executive Officer Director of Resident Care Services